Saturday, November 9, 2013

Ex Libris Christmas Blessings

Hi there, Stampin' Friends!  Today's card is the result of an 'oops'.  I was creating another card, which I will post soon. I was using my Stamp a ma jig to perfectly position my sentiment and when I lifted my stamp to view my stamped image....it was Perfectly Upside Down!!  Upon further 'inspection', I found that I really liked it 'upside' down and made a beautiful card out of my silly mistake.  Don't you just love it when your 'oops' become 'wows'?

 This card turned out to be an elegant card.  The Ex Libris stamp was inked in versa mark, stamped onto Basic Black card stock, and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  The sentiment is embossed in Pewter embossing powder.


 The poinsettia was created by stamping the image four separate times in versa mark on Whisper White card stock and embossing with Pewter embossing powder.  I cut each image out, sponged it with Pacific Point ink, curled the petals with my bonefolder,  layered them with dimensionals, and added a puddle of Tombow liquid glue in the center and covered it with Silver Glass Glitter.

For the inside, I inked up just the 'frame' part of the stamp with my Basic Black marker and stamped it onto Whisper White card stock.

Please feel free to leave a comment.  I would love to hear what you think about my 'oops into wow'! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Supply List:
Stamps: Ex Libris, More Merry Messages, Joyful Christmas
Card Stock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: versa mark, Pacific Point, Gumball Green
Silver Glass Glitter, Pewter and White embossing powders, Tombow glue, dimensionals,  heat tool, Stamp a ma jig

Blessings ~ RaeDeen

3 comments:

  1. Oh, RaeDeen, I would never have thought of a blue poinsettia and I simply love it!! Your work is striking!! Pinning it to pinterest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning -- absolutely stunning!! I'm going to have to try the poinsettia in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow indeed, beautiful card. I love the frame and the poinsettia

    ReplyDelete